- George’s tweets about the pledge of allegiance
- The third and final meeting for the first book club’s book will be Friday, September 4. Join our Slack channel to read with us!
- Jimmy Carter really was the Rock & Roll President, watch the trailer here
- Billie Eilish at the DNC
- Tom Morello fans are apparently just now making sense of what it means to Rage Against the Machine
- Do you want to hear shorter podcast episodes? Let us know your thoughts here!
- The National Independent Talent Organization (NITO) panel featuring some of the biggest names in the live music world, we co-hosted along with Boston Managers Group
- MASS MoCA’s founding Director is stepping down, what kind of collisions can we expect to see in the new era?
- Music Ally TV
- Andrew Melchior is the CTO of Massive Attack, yes the CTO
- That time Joe Strummer “dipped to France” and maybe ran a marathon
- Listen to every Grateful Dead show on the Internet Archive
- Dan gave himself a crash course in Streamlabs OBS, you can too
- Watching: The Clash at Bonds and Grateful Dead YouTube videos
- Exploring: The concept of Massive Attack’s approach to having a CTO and their app, Fantom
- Enjoying: The Remember What They Did street art campaign, that his mom alerted him to by calling to say his friend Shepard Fairey was on TV
- Listening: To Jim Adkins’, of Jimmy Eat World, new podcast Pass-Through Frequencies. He recommends the Chris Carrabba episode, not the first one
- Listening pt 2: To the Sea Girls new album Open Your Head and reading the liner notes in which Henry Camamile shares his experience with post concussion syndrome and depression
- Listening pt 3: To Your Smith, FKA Caroline Smith, one of his quarantine playlist staples
- Drinking: Oatly, a Swedish oat milk brand, which unfortunately has since been caught up in some less than positive press
- Binging: Binging the entire second season Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story and swooning over Amanda Peet’s performance
- Learning: About Indigenous Canada, a free course offered by the University of Alberta, histories and contemporaries from an indigenous perspective. Dan Levy is also hosting weekly discussions with the professors to dive deeper in an effort to “actively relearn history”
- Anticipating: The new King Tubby book, one his musical heroes of all time. You can orders yours here
- Listening: To Terry Riley’s A Rainbow in Curved Air, a beautiful piece of music with just two tracks on it, each running around 20 minutes long
- Listening pt 2: The Hold Steady’s Boys and Girls in America and their Stay Positive albums, a band he would definitely go see after the quarantine ends. Which band will you go see once live shows come back?