Dan, George, and Carly talk about what life post-COVID may look like. Will conferences stay virtual? What about livestreams and concerts? Is it finally VR’s time to shine?
- From sci-fi to reality: evidence that the metaverse is closer than you think
- How to pronounce “HODL”
- Five Key Insights From Bandsintown’s Live Streaming Data
- George has been preaching the power of VR for a while now, but he’s reframing it as the ultimate empathy machine
- Dancorism, Carly’s virtual dance class and a pandemic positive
- Traveling While Black on Oculus, which was inspired by The (actual) Green Book, not the movie
- Using Virtual Reality To Make Diversity Training More Effective
- Andertons Music in Guildford, England, one of Dan’s favorite music stores
- Network effect in action: 1729, earn Bitcoin for completing tasks
- Watching: Reverb’s The Pedal Movie, a full-length documentary about effect pedals (which also happens to be genius content marketing)
- Loving: Erroll Garner’s Liberation In Swing: Centennial Collection, which includes four vinyl records, 12 CDs, a vintage 1967 promotional box from his private archive featuring five 7-inch 45rpm singles, a cassette of his final performance and a hardcover cloth-wrapped 60-page book with essays, unpublished original artwork and previously unseen photos. Whew!
- Listening: To the album Movies by Slow Pulp. His favorite song on the record is Trade It
- Listening: To Hidden Brain’s episode “Humor Us”, where they explore the humor cliff and the benefits of laughter from a health perspective. Listen to it!
- Using: Zero Waste MVMT, a sustainable eco-friendly essentials shop handmade in Canada
- Recommending: Verso’s free e-books about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Ten Myths About Israel by Ilan Pappe and An Army Like No Other by Haim Bresheeth-Zabner
- Listening: To the new Marianne Faithfull and Warren Ellis album, She Walks In Beauty, a very dark, but beautiful record
- Listening pt2: To the new St. Vincent album, Daddy’s Home, an artsy 70s homage
- Eating: Red Boat fish sauce, the ultimate umami source, and he implores you to also put it on everything